Le Corbusier’s architectural works in India added a new dimension to the Indian experience about sixty years ago. He radically transformed the status of the architectural profession and meaning of architecture for the Indian architects. His work and philosophy left an indelible mark on the footprints of the country’s modern building design. Architecture is a continuous process. The trends in architecture keep on changing with the advancements in technologies, building materials, ideas, and concepts. Now, architecture is at the threshold of a radical change. It is time to evaluate and understand the changes which formed the basis of architecture beyond Corbusierism. We have to look at the modern ideals that energize our present and guide our approach to the future. This conference has been designed to address several issues and challenges involving the rapidly-changing modernistic idiom. The theme of the conference Contemporary Architecture: Beyond Corbusierism would provide an international forum for the exchange of ideas and experiences amongst experts from a broad range of disciplines. The envisaged interaction should stimulate ideas and lead to better understanding of Modern Architecture and Urbanization on Local, Regional, and Global levels.
- To bring Architects, Planners, Engineers, Academicians, and Consultants on a common platform to discuss the emerging trends arising out of the changing world.
- To analyze the threats and challenges facing modern cities.
- To analyze the Contemporary and Vernacular Architecture in the context of modern requirements.
- To deliberate on the issues of modern architecture in a global perspective.
- To think up design solutions commensurate with the imperatives of futuristic architecture.
Who should attend:
The Conference will be beneficial for Architects, Academicians, Researchers, Engineers, Planners, and Students in these fields.